Moist Chocolate Cake🍰🍫
Everyone loves to indulge in a good chocolate cake. This is my favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe. With a super moist crumb and fudgy, yet light texture, this chocolate cake recipe will soon be your favorite too. Top with chocolate buttercream and chocolate chips for 3x the chocolate flavour.
1. The water should be hot otherwise oil wont blend properly with it.
2. Preheat the oven at 160 degrees for 15 mins.
3. It will be really moist so let it cool down completely before cutting it otherwise it will break.
4. Greasing the tin is important otherwise your cake will stick to the pan.
5. You can top it with chocolate buttercream frosting for a more enhanced flavour.
• 1 cup flour (maida)
• 1 cup sugar (powdered)
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I use hershey’s cocoa powder)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup oil ( flavourless oil)
• 1/2 cup hot water
• 1/2 cup cold milk
• 1 tbsp vanilla essence
• 2 tbsp yogurt (dahi)
• Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees C. Grease a baking tin with some vegetable oil.
• In a bowl sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
• In a bowl whisk together 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup hot water till well blended. Let it cool down a bit. It will look like milkmaid but the texture wont be thick.
• Once done add the milk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
• Add the yogurt. Mix well.
• Now gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk them together.
• Pour it in a greased tin. Here i used a loaf tin. But you can use any type of tin.
• Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 160 degrees C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
• Smother some chocolate ganache/ sauce. I like to eat this with vanilla icecream.
Enjoy this deliciousness with your loved ones💝