PISTACHIO AND WHITE CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA🤗💚
Ever since i watched Masterchef Australia just seeing them make panna cottas would make me drool especially the presentation. I used to think it is difficult to make panna cotta and get the right wobble. But its the easiest dessert one could make and this recipe can never go wrong. This keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
Heavy cream - 1.5 cups ( i used Sunrise Pure Gold)
Full Fat Milk - 2/3 cups
Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
White Chocolate - 100gms (Morde white chocolate - 1 Slab)
Pistachio paste - 1/4 cup
Gelatin - 1.5 tbsp ( I used Eagle Brand)
Water - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Sunrise whipping cream already has added sugar so if you are using another brand check if it has added sugar or not. If not, add 1-1.5 cups sugar.
If you are using gelatine sheets then use 3-4 sheets and let it bloom for 5 mins in water and then add it in the hot milk mixture.
You can replace pistachios with walnuts and almonds. You can also add fresh fruits or fruit fillings instead of pistachio paste.
Do not let cream come to a full boil it will spoil your panna cotta.
While adding sugar add it in batches and keep tasting the panna cotta you do not want it too sweet.
For the pistachio paste-
Take 100gms pistachios and boil them in water for 10-15 mins until skins start separating. Take it off heat and wash it with cold water. Now remove the skins with hand and grind it in a food processor until smooth. Add little water if required. You can store it in the refrigerator for one week. You can use it as spread by adding sugar into it.
For the Panna Cotta-
1. Take 1/2 cup water and add gelatine and let it bloom.
2. Take milk and boil in a container. Let it come to a boil then add heavy cream.
3. Meanwhile melt white chocolate over a double boiler.
4. After the milk-cream mixture is hot add sugar and whisk continuously until the sugar dissolves. Take it off heat and then mix in the melted white chocolate.
5. Add gelatine in the hot mixture and add pistachio paste. Keep stirring it to combine well.
6. If you want a clear panna cotta you can strain the mixture.
7. After that pour in your choice of moulds and let it set in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until its set. Best is to set it overnight and have it as a dessert for breakfast.
Enjoy this delicious panna cotta with muesli and white chocolate shards!♥️