Ragi banana cake🤩
This is by far the healthiest cake recipe i have ever made. Ragi, also known as finger millet is a good substitute for all purpose flour. Everyone loves a good banana cake. Eat this guilt free for breakfast 😍
Finger millet / Ragi flour - 1.5 cups
Over ripe bananas - 3
Oat flour - 1 cup
Jaggery powder / Brown sugar - 1.5 cups
Coconut oil / Olive oil / Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Yogurt / Curd - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - few drops
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Walnuts / Hazelnuts - 8-10 chopped
Chopped chocolate / Chocochips - 1/4 cup
Coffee powder - 1 tsp (optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C for 10 mins.
2. Grind oats in a mixer for oat flour. Also grind jaggery for powder form.
3. The first step is to take ragi flour, baking soda, baking powder and oats flour in a mixing bowl.
4. In a mixer jar add over riped bananas and grind them to liquid form. Take it out in a mixing bowl. If there are large pieces mash them with a fork.
5. Now add oil, jaggery powder and yogurt to the banana.
6. Give it a good whisk. After everything is combined add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
7. Give it a good mix until combined. Finally add hazenuts/ walnuts, chocochips and coffee powder. Fold these ingredients into the batter. Pour in a cake tin.
8. Bake at 170 degrees C for about 40-45 mins. Check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean the cake is done. Take it out and let it cool. Slice and serve😍